Monday, September 22, 2008

To Be Skinny Again...

It all started when after all the summer trips and chaos, I had to squeeze myself into my clothes. (again) How many times had I started Weight Watchers and stopped after the first (or second) obstacle? Baby Shower? I give up. BBQ? I'll start tomorrow. For some reason, this time I am determined to lose this weight and make it a lifestyle. I want to be a skinny person again. And have my clothes be loose. Or better yet, have to buy new ones in a smaller size.

Growing up, I never had to worry about what I ate at all. I didn't gain weight until my mid-twenties, when A. I got married, and B. my metabolism slowed down. I joined Weight Watchers about 5 years ago, and lost a decent amount of weight, but then before I hit lifetime (and maintenance), I felt pretty good about my weight, and started to eat bad again. So over the past 5 years, I have gone on and off of weight watchers (without going to the meetings) and until now haven't been serious about losing the weight.

I am a stay-at-home mom of one daughter, who is now 2 1/2, and I have 15-20 lbs to lose. I started going to Weight Watchers meetings again a few weeks ago, and have lost 3.5 pounds in the last 3 weeks. I weigh in every Tuesday evening.

I have many friends who want my recipes, and I thought it would be fun to journal and post ideas and recipes to help me and others on the same journey. I love to check out other sites on the topic, and see what they are doing in their skinny quest. So I thought, why not me? I am still learning the whole blogging thing, so bear with me.

2 comments:

Sim Family said...

Jen..this is such a cute blog and I am super excited. Hopefully you can help motivate me to get back on the ban wagon. Later, AMber

Beth said...

What an awesome idea, I can't wait to try your recipes!! You have done a great job with the blog, its way cute!