Saturday, October 11, 2008

Breakfast Burrito Pizza

Ok. For real I am starting my posts on this blog. I have been waiting to start my posts until I had photos of recipes, but it seems that either my battery is dead on my camera when I want to take the picture, or I forget. So I have decided to take the photos and upload them later on. Start with the ideas and recipes. This blog will be a constant work in progress.

Blah Blah Blah. This morning I was craving a breakfast burrito. I don't know about anyone else, but I hate low-carb, low-cal tortillas. They all taste funny to me. And I like to keep my breakfast at 4 points or less. So today I thought of a new idea. And it turned out awesome!

Recipe:
1 Serving/4 Pts


1 Alternative Pita (Made by Western Bagel)
3 Egg whites
1/4 C or so of salsa
1/2 C Black Beans-drained (mine were 1 pt for this amount)
2 T Low-fat shredded cheese

Spray frying pan with a little Pam. Scramble the egg whites. When almost done, add salsa and beans. Cook and stir till liquid is mostly evaporated. Spoon on top of the pita, and sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake at 400 for about 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.

I really enjoyed this alternative to the breakfast burrito I was craving this morning, and it was a big serving for only 4 WW Points!

No comments: