Sunday, July 12, 2009

Update

Haven't posted in a while, and wanted to post an update. After dealing with infertility for the past few years, we finally did IVF last month. Well, I found out a few things about my body, and getting pregnant was a long shot. Suffice it to say, that the treatment didn't work, and I am not pregnant.

So we are giving it a rest for a while. It has been close to impossible to try to think about weight loss and cooking and recipes, and since those things weren't a priority, neither was blogging about them. But now that fertility treatments are over for a while, I am ready to get back on track!

The Plan:
I am not going to be super strict with counting points, but I will have them in the back of my mind as I eat and cook. I still will be making weight-watcher dinners and trying out new recipes, but I am going to try to lose the rest of my weight by eating reasonable and incorporating a great workout. We'll see how it goes. I did gain about 5 lbs last month and I am hoping to lose that soon.

I am just excited to have my life and body back! I am excited to see what kind of progress I can make. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Good luck, Jenn! I know what you've been through has been very hard:( You're plan sounds great and I think you'll have that 5 lbs. off in no time!

Protein Girl said...

You seem like such a genuine person. I am so sorry about the treatment and pregnancy issue. You are such a strong person, and I know that you'll pull through, and achieve anything you set your mind to. I like your blog, and wish you nothing but the best. And good for you for not becoming obsessed with points etc- life is tooooo short!

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

I'm sorry that you've been through a difficult time.

Good luck with getting back on track! :)

fittingbackin said...

Best of luck, Jen, so sorry to hear about your struggles... You have such a positive attitude and I just so hope things play out for you the way you want them to. Take care - i'll be reading! :)

Lap Band said...

Great blog and this information is very useful to everyone.

Cosmetic Surgeon Houston said...

It is definitely a good decision to not get obsessed with the points. I have a lot of patients who are math minds and they can't do weight watchers because they are constantly adding and subtracting points. They can't focus on anything else. Hopefully you can lose the weight you need to in no time just by eating a well balanced diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables.
http://www.drwuest.com

Amit Gour said...

Here is something to notice-
Women Care