Sunday, April 5, 2009

Chocolate Torte

OK. Let's be honest here. Once in a while we all need something sweet. And according to my Skinny Habit of the Week, it is important to not over-indulge.

My solution is simple. If you are a chocolate lover like me, and you make this dessert, it would be REALLY HARD to over-indulge. This dessert is so rich and satisfying that it kills all cravings. You really cannot eat two.

Craving Killer Chocolate Torte

4 Servings/4 pts ea.
(about 215 calories)

1/4 C fat free vanilla yogurt
1 t vanilla extract
4 lg. egg whites
1/2 C sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
3/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder (tastes better with a good brand)
2 T instant no-sugar added vanilla pudding
1 T whole wheat flour (can use white also)
1/2 t. salt
Four 3 1/2" diameter ramekins
Light Vanilla Ice Cream

Preheat the oven to 350. Spray each ramekin with non-stick cooking spray. Place them in a baking dish filled halfway with water. In a medium mixing bowl, with a whisk, mix the yogurt, vanilla, egg whites and sugar. Once combined, add the cocoa powder, pudding, flour, and salt. Mix until just combined, and no lumps remain. Pour into the ramekins, equally.

Bake for 24 minutes, or until tops are shiny.

Take out of water bath and cool in ramekins for 7-10 minutes. Turn ramekins upside down on plates and tortes should come right out.

Cool for another five minutes and then top with your favorite low-fat or fat-free ice cream.

My favorite is Breyers Fat Free and it is awesome. You definitely cannot tell it is fat-free. Only one point per serving, also.

5 comments:

Lauren @ Team Giles said...

Looks great!

H.K. said...

I agree one indulgent a week is fine. Now if only I can somehow reduce that indulgence to once a week, I would lose weight so much quicker!

That's a good dessert to make for Easter!

Shawn said...

I love your blog! It's such a motivation to see your progress. I am trying to lose some weight, and I am going to keep up with your blog for some help. Thanks so much!

Connie B said...

Oh my goodness!!!! I can hardly wait to try this. I was just thinking today I wanted to make something sweet! Thanks!

Also, tried your Thai Chicken Veggie Curry! It's awesome!!

smita said...

Anniversary Gift
now i am overweight,but cant give up eating sweets.i am very fond of weets.but want to loose my weight.so eagerly want to try your skinny recipe.thanx a lot.