Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Fruity Slaw

I really did drop off the planet for a while. I have been so crazy, between the stomach flu, a Hawaii trip, coming back from the Hawaii trip, getting ready for Christmas that I literally have had nothing to say about weight loss. I "vacation ate" while I was gone, but I was ok with that. You have to be flexible. Since I have been back, I've been pretty good, eating wise. It really was easy to get back on track. Like I've said before, lifestyle-not diet. I haven't weighed in in a while, and I need to get to a meeting. I will be happy if I am maintaining this month.

Now I would like to post a yummy recipe. I made Taco Soup for dinner last night and tried to think of a side that would go with it, besides a green salad. I get sick of them. So I came across this recipe and it was really good - light and fruity.

Fruity Slaw (Sorry no picture)

6 Servings/1 Pt. each

Salad:

3 C cabbage, grated
1 C tangerines, sectioned and thinly sliced
1 C grapes, quartered
1/2 C celery, thinly sliced
1 lg. apple, cored and diced

Dressing:

1 C nonfat plain yogurt
1 t freshly grated lemon zest
1 t lemon juice
1 1/2 t honey

Mix together salad ingredients. Mix dressing ingredients. Chill seperately till serving, then mix all together. Makes 6 servings - about 1 C each.

3 comments:

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Oooh, great recipe!

Hope you had a nice trip!

Sandy @ The Scoop on Balance said...

I found your blog through Mom Blogs. Your header is fabulous and I applaud you on your journey through Weight Watchers. Good for you!

I've peeked in on your blog once or twice before, but can't remember if I left a comment.

Just wanted you to know I stopped by and am cheering you on!

blessings,
Sandy Cooper
www.godspeakstoday.blogspot.com
Fitness Fridays

Elizabeth said...

Hawaii sounds fun! Glad it has been eas to get back on track! :)