Saturday, November 29, 2008

Bump in the Road

Well, it was inevitable. Thanksgiving was what it was, and I was ok with eating. But Friday, the plan was to get right back on track. Didn't happen. The day started out wrong when I didn't get my usual morning work-out in due to sheer laziness. I told myself I would work out later, and later never came. Then my husband talked me into Cheesecake Factory for lunch. I can never order healthy there. The double-scoop ice cream at the movies last night was too hard to resist.

Why is it so easy to slip back into bad habits? You'd think that after over 3 months of successfully changing my eating habits for the better, it would stick a little. Is it really possible to change and actually prefer the healthier choices? Or is it always going to be hard? I can't really answer that question right now. Any thoughts?

So on a positive note, today I am back on track. I have come to terms with my little "bump in the road." Not beating myself up, instead I am moving forward. Got up, worked out, and made myself a healthy breakfast. Did fine at lunch, and am determined to make it through the day making good choices.

Also, yesterday I bought myself my early Christmas/B-day present- a Wii Fit. I am so excited to get going. I have heard such great things about it, and it will be a fun way to get a few additional work-outs each week.

Hope you all had a great holiday.

No comments: