Saturday, November 8, 2008

Fiber One Pancake Mix


This weekend we decided to drive up to my husband's parents house in Lake Arrowhead. My mother-in-law always makes super yummy weekend breakfasts, like pancakes and eggs and either sausage or bacon. It is always very tempting to give in, and most of the time in the past I have. So I was talking to my mother-in-law, and she mentioned that she bought some Fiber One pancake mix. I didn't know there was such a thing. We looked on the box to check out the nutritional info and one serving is only 3 points. The only thing that remained to be seen was how big the serving was. It sounded too good to be true. So this morning, I prepared a single serving for myself (which was nice and easy to do) and added one point worth of extra semi-sweet chocolate chips into the batter. It made 3 good size pancakes! (About 5 inches in diameter) I ate those (dipped in a little sugar-free syrup) with some scrambled egg whites and it was a super filling, indulgent feeling breakfast! I didn't feel deprived at all. I know there are lots of recipes out there for low point pancakes, but sometimes you just want quick and easy. I was going to take a picture, but of course forgot to bring my camera with me.

No comments: