Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Dressing Room Motivation

Today when I was getting dressed, I looked at my available options hanging in my closet and was so frustrated. So I decided to go try to find a couple of tops to supplement my meager selections. When I got to the store, I found about 10 items that looked good on the hanger, and was feeling pretty good. I was thinking that compared to the last time I tried on clothes, this experience should be much better, since I've lost a little weight.

So I went into the dressing room, and one after the other, the tops looked horrible. Many needed a larger size than I was expecting, and of course they didn't have that size. Some just looked bad. One was cute but wasn't made well, and fit funny. Mostly, I just noticed my flaws in the mirror. It was pretty depressing. I was expecting my body to look much better than it did.

So, now that it has been a few hours, I have had time to reflect. What positive thing can I take from the experience? It has re-motivated me to keep up my hard work. One day I will look the way I want to. I can't give up until I reach my goal. I know there will be obstacles, but I will not let a few bumps discourage me on my journey.

1 comment:

anudivya said...

First time here, and yeah I feel like that sometimes too, and the minute I feel that way, I drag my butt to the gym.
Yeah, thatz becoz I love to eat as well.. :)