Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Off My Game

It seems like every time I am on a roll, and life is going smoothly, something happens. Last week, I was waking up early every morning, getting my workout in, and having extra time to take care of my responsibilities.

This week, I am really struggling. My husband gave me his nasty cold, and it is a crappy one. I feel ok during the day, but in the morning and at night, I feel pretty rotten. It is hard enough to get out of bed in the morning when my toddler is shouting "MOMMY" from her crib; I am definitely unable to get up any earlier.

Today I decided that I would try to get a work-out in. I got on my elliptical and my goal was 30 minutes. I usually do at least 45 so I thought that was taking it easy. After 26 minutes I almost passed out. I had to lay on the floor for about 5 minutes to recuperate. Ridiculous.

One good thing that I have accomplished is this: In the past, when I got sick, I have used it as an excuse to eat bad. I usually have thought to myself, "I'm sick so I should be able to eat what I want."

This time around, I have managed to eat right. I feel the lack of exercise, but at least I am not blowing it on the food front. Knock on wood that I can stay strong. Why is it that our minds come up with the lamest excuses to fall off the wagon?

4 comments:

Sheila Rae said...

We all have a huge hill to climb when it comes to staying in shape with our mind, body, and soul. Don't worry, you are doing great!

Hey... I was on top of the hill for a while..then some mean kid pushed me back down..now he won't let me climb up the hill again.

LOL!!

Come on over to our blog and community. We can always use another Living Smart Girl.

scrapwordsmom said...

Man, I hate it when I'm sick. That does really get in the way of lots of things!!! Hope you get to feeling better real soon!:)

Marcus and Jenny said...

Hey! I just found you on Mormon Mommy Blogs. I, too, am on a quest for weight loss and lifetime healthy living. What a lofty goal, but I really do think it's attainable. I was eating well last week, and today, what have I eated? 4 string cheeses and an english muffin with lots of real butter. mmmmm Some days are better than others I guess. I've started a blog with some of my friends -- As You See Fit -- http://healthymeanstoahealthyend.blogspot.com. If you would ever like to be a guest author, let me know. We'd love some more ideas/frustrations/great tips/etc from anyone who is going through the battle too!

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Ugh, I do the same thing! Hang in there!

Hope you feel better soon!