Monday, January 5, 2009

Shrimp with Feta and Roasted Vegetables

Made this recipe for dinner last night. The inspiration recipe was in my church cookbook, and with a few changes, wa la! Perfect for Weight Watchers.



4 Servings/5 pts. ea. + Pasta

6 Roma Tomatoes, cut into eighths
large bunch of asparagus, chopped into bite sized pieces
2 T Olive Oil
2 T minced garlic
3/4 t. kosher salt
3/4 t. freshly ground black pepper
1 lb uncooked shrimp, peeled (I use Costco brand)
1/2 C. chopped fresh parsely (can use Italian parsley)
2 T lemon juice
4 oz reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
Orzo pasta (I had 1 oz. [uncooked], husband had 2 oz.)

Preheat oven to 450. Place tomatoes and asparagus in large baking dish. Sprinkle the garlic and drizzle the olive oil over the veggies. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper and toss. Place on top rack of oven and roast for 20 mins. Remove baking dish from oven and stir in the shrimp, parsley, and lemon juice. Sprinkle with the feta cheese. Place back in the oven until the shrimp are cooked, 5-10 mins. Toss with orzo pasta.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yum looks good, shrimp is my favorite!!!

Unknown said...

This looks great! I will have to try this one!

Anonymous said...

That looks great! I never would have thought to add feta cheese, I LOVE feta cheese!

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

mmm... looks delicious!