Saturday, January 10, 2009

Weigh In Saturday

Lost another 1.2 lbs this week! YEA!!

All in all it was a great week back. I felt good, ate well, and exercised. No stomach-ache from eating too much, no indigestion or heartburn. My husband ate right too this week-he was a daily Tums taker and didn't need it at all this week. Hmmm what does that tell us? No-brainer. This is how I want to live my life. Healthy and feeling good.

That is just physically. Emotionally, eating right does a lot for me too. I feel more in control of my life. I have more self-esteem because I am respecting my body and self when I treat it right. I feel great when I have less fat to obsess over. (Maybe I shouldn't be admitting that one...) Though I haven't graduated to any new sizes, my clothes are no longer too tight. I feel comfortable in them and am even starting to feel attractive again. I haven't felt that way in a long time. (That's another one that is probably too much information...)

Finally, as my mushy thoughts wind down, I am just feeling grateful that I am learning this lesson now instead of 20 years from now. I am grateful that I will have the opportunity to be a good example for my daughter, and any future children and show her/them a healthy way of life. I am grateful that because I embrace a healthy lifestyle, I will have the energy to keep up with my kids. And hopefully live a long, happy, healthy life.

What are your thoughts as you live a healthy lifestyle?

2 comments:

Amira said...

Hooray for healthy lifestyles! I love your enthusiasm & I agree you better physically & emotionally when you try to do what's right for your body
lovely blog, i'll defintly check back soon!

Anonymous said...

isn't it just about the best feeling in the world when you feel so good, no great about yourself? even if no one else notices if you've lost a lb or not, when you feel so good about your accomplishements its the best feeling in the world! congrats and keep up the good work!