Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Soup and Sandwich Dinner

I thought I would have a soup and sandwich dinner tonight. I made my favorite french dip sandwiches and they turned out great. For once I didn't overcook the meat. I added a photo to the post if you want the recipe.

The soup I made was Cream of Zucchini, and it was amazing- 2 pts. per cup. I got the recipe off of A Veggie Venture and if you click on the link, you can get the recipe. Every recipe I have gotten off of that blog has been amazing. So if you are looking for more ways to eat more veggies, look no further!

The soup was restaurant quality, in my opinion. She offers variations in preparation, so this is what I used: I used chicken broth for the liquid, stuck with the brown jasmine rice that she uses, and followed the recipe pretty much exactly. The only thing I did differently was use a hand-held blender and blended the soup right in the pot instead of transferring to a blender. I think it saved me a little time. I used light sour cream and tasted wonderful.

I also began thinking of other veggies I could use to make it, mushroom, or cauliflower would be great variations....

Check it out!

2 comments:

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Looks great, thanks!

Rebecca said...

I am totally a soup lover. Think I might add this to my "to cook" list!